I look forward to growing Old and Wise and Audacious.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Little old Liberal Ladies.

Simma Holt was in Town at a book signing this past week. Memoirs of a Loose Cannon. I hadn't seen Simmering Holt for many years so I thought it would be a good thing to visit the Laughing Oyster Bookstore, buy her volume, and get her autograph. As per the old Simma, she was unchanged still opinionated, still off in all directions the book appropriately named a Loose cannon for a reason.

For those of you who don't remember Simma Holt, she was the Member of Parliament for Vancouver Kingsway in the mid 1970's during some of the Trudeau years, a journalist, author and writer, former member of the National Parole Board.I have read a few of her books, the one that stands out was a Biography "The Other Mrs Diefenbaker" which I enjoyed learning about the spouse of a prominent leader of the Official Opposition. I have not read the latest book but I'm told the title says it all. Before I pass any further judgement I shall read it.

:)
Has anybody out there read it?

No comments: