I look forward to growing Old and Wise and Audacious.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dieing, doing what he loved...................

The Canadian Forces Snowbirds are one man disadvantaged with the sudden death of Shawn MaCaughey No. 2 Inner right wing in a tragic accident doing what he loved to do. The Snowbirds represent the professionalism, dedication, and team work of all women and men in the Canadian Military, and I am very saddened by this event.

I am a daughter of an RCAF Pilot the late F/L Harvey Carnahan, I know the deep ( right to the bone)feelings family's have when their son, brother, father, husband, friend are killed in such a tragic accident.

Only, a few weeks ago the very same Snowbird's were practicing their breathtaking and inspiring aerial displays over the Comox Valley, Shawn McCaughey was in year 2 of his tour flying the CT-114 Tutor jet.I was fortunate to meet the entire Snowbird Team and get all their autographs.

I am an Air Force brat, who loves the sound of airplane engines, for the past 15 years I have stopped anything I'm busy at just to watch the Snowbirds practice over the beach in front of my home. I have sat on the hood of my car watching them take off in formation. I have watched them at airshows in Comox, Abbottsford, and Ottawa. I am always impressed with the skill & precision the training our Forces receive. I remember my father talking about flying the "M" in formation for Margaret when the Princess visited Canada in the 1950's. My dad was a Flying Instructor with the RCAF teaching NATO students how to fly.Dad died 10 years ago of complications with Diabeties, I know he would have been happiest: dieing, doing what he loved...

I'll always miss my Dad.

I know the McCaughey family will always miss Shawn.

No comments: