I look forward to growing Old and Wise and Audacious.

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Pink Book and Whale watching, what I really think.

I am very interested in spending some time checking out Belinda Stronachs 'Pink Book' which she has compiled to assist the Liberal Party to attract and get women elected. But an opportunity to go on a whale watching tour from Heriot Bay came up and I'm taking the day to get away. Before I do; here is a little about what is really on my mind.

Afghanistan:

Why are we there?

It is for a 'just cause' in my mind, when 27% of their elected government are"women"who wouldn't be there at all if it weren't for the NATO troops fighting the insurgent Taliban. Definitely not a perfect world, but a world where thousands of girls can attend school and grow up where their voice does/ will make a difference.

Quahari!

No comments: